Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Why NaBloPoMo and not NaNoWriMo?

 Dear Reader,

Most years, I knuckle down and I crank out a novella or two during November. As you can tell, I have been having difficulty writing in my blogs for about a year now, perhaps a little longer. Since I have bursitis in my right arm, I am restricted in my movement and have a fair amount of pain. Oddly enough, my recovery time lines up with my writing goals. I am forced to sit and write across my seven blogs or stare at the wall. 

Yes, I suppose I could attempt my knitting or my crochet. But repetitive movements are painful. And I just have to accept the fact that there is going to be a delay in my work on holiday presents until later in my recovery where moving my arm, even in a slightly repetitive action, is not a source of pain. Typing, however, and writing by hand don't hurt horribly because my arm is stationary as I work.

So, I am doing NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) this year to get myself back into serious writing form. There may be occasional memes if I have no idea what to write. I have to say, maybe there's an upside to this painful bursitis business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment