Friday, November 24, 2023

Four posts to be back on track

 Dear Reader,

Between migraines, terrible sleep, and the huge interruption of Turkey Day, I have fallen behind on my post count.  Somehow it is worse in my mind to fall behind on post count than it is to fall behind on wordcount. I don't exactly know what to post this morning. A part of me says I should post a casual poll on what is the best beverage to have at hand while writing. But I don't know how to make a poll on here and it's a stupid question anyways. Everyone knows it is coffee while working on the first draft and tea for editing. The coffee makes you type faster even as you vibrate through space and time while being able to see sound. (I drink a lot of coffee. LOL)

I'm listening to music inspired by the Nordic and Germanic people of antiquity. It gets a little challenging to make sure that they're not promoting Nazi values, White Supremacy, and similar things. I try to keep my listening and the media I consume free of that garbage. One, I know the kids are watching. They're still absorbing information like a sponge. Two, it runs contrary to my religious beliefs. Beating bigots with a bat is more inline with it, and I have worked very hard to control my rage and be a peaceable woman. 

As such, I try to vilify these things in my writing and some of the logical extensions of their extremist arguments. My science fiction series is more than a pulpy romp through space with random jargon. As I get the original material out of my archives, I will be showing it is a fight for equal rights across a stratified social system. There are the wealthy with their designer genes, clones, and designer babies. (Imagine a baby born with a Coach birthmark as a sign of their social currency value.) There are the middle class crushed as brutally as they were in the early Industrial revolution. Included among them are the cast off children of the wealthy. The lowest strata is the poor who live an almost Dickenson like poverty.

Sure, there's going to be pulpy goodness, it's fun to write. But there's going to be some hard looks at the social system that I see evolving over the years. It will be an inquiry into the outcomes of many social pressures currently at play. It will be an inquiry into what makes a person have value. I'll even be taking a look at what makes a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment