At first, I had this wild idea that I was going to post the number of prompts corresponding to the number for the date. And then I fell behind. I sat here trying to decide how to approach the prompts thing and it struck me that I could just post a list of prompts and not do 14! prompts. Exponential numbers of prompts only works if you do it daily and don't fall behind. So, here is a list of 10 prompts that work for just about any genre you're writing, fiction or non-fiction. (If you're writing about a character, obviously approach these from the character's point of view. Or not, whatever works for you.)
1. What is the hardest challenge you has had to face thus far?
2. What is the biggest dream that you wish to accomplish this year? Have you done it? If so, how did you do it? If not, what stopped you?
3. Where is your 'happy place'? Is this a place you can go in real life? Is this a place you envision when you are stressed out and can't visit when life gets challenging? What makes this such a special place?
4. Who is your biggest supporter? What has been their largest contribution to your success? How have you thanked them?
5. Where is the best place to eat? What kind of food do they serve there? What is your favorite dish?
6. Why are you working on this project? What do you want to accomplish and how do you envision doing it?
7. Who do you love and what do you love about them?
8. How do you start your day? Do you have a favorite part to your morning routine? Why is it your favorite?
9. What subject confuses you? Do you wish to learn more about it? If so, why? If not, why?
10. What is best in your life? Why is it the best and how does it effect the rest of your life?