Sunday, November 19, 2023

Who is tempted to take their writing project to Turkey Day dinner?

 Dear Reader,

This happens to me every year. I get to a point where I am eyeballs deep in a project and Turkey Day hits. I know it would be poor form to bring my project on the computer with me. Something about being engrossed in a laptop, tapping away at the keyboard, is more off putting than counting stitches on a holiday knitting project that you're desperate to get done. Some how, it's just more socially acceptable to be at work on knitting and ignoring everything instead of typing and doing the same.

I am still tempted, even if what I am doing is blogging instead of writing a novel. I just don't want to get behind and I can't stand the thought of breaking my streak when I do manage to get caught up and actually on one. In the morning, I'll be prepping food to bring. In the evening, I'll be burned out. It's rather tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment