Thursday, October 24, 2019

It's coming together nicely.

Dear Reader,

I'm almost ready to release Book 4 of the Umbrel Chronicles of Evandar into the world. Tomorrow is the big day. Edits are moving along well for Book 5. And by moving along well, I'm finding ALL of the typos and correcting them. It's hard to believe that this is really happening. I know that I don't have a lot of readers buying my books right now. But I sincerely believe it will come in time. I just have to keep working and learning more about things like how to market books.

I'm a bit stuck on book 7 because the concluding chapter is refusing to coalesce into something that works. As tempted as I am to throw it at a proverbial wall and give up, I'm not. I'm just attacking in a different direction and refocusing on my blogs as I mull the situation over. One would think with my hobby of reading about medieval warfare that I would have come up with a way for this particular battle to play out. As Beloved said to me when he was trying to help me figure this out, I have a talent for writing myself into corners.

One of the ways that I am 'attacking in the opposite direction' for a while is writing stuff on my erotica blog again. I'm not really pleased with what I have right now, but I know that, again, with practice and research, I will get better at that genre. I don't think I'll have the readership that Chuck Tingle does but he's proven himself to be pretty goddamn brilliant with his niche market. I'm really impressed with the quantity he manages to produce and his social media presence. I'm trying to figure out how to mimic some of what he is doing to hit a level of success that could be comparable, albeit in a smaller scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment