Thursday, October 17, 2019

Books Update!

Dear Reader,

All glory to the gods of messengers and delivery folk! My proofs for book 4 are finally in the mail. Maybe I'll get them next week. I'm more than a touch irritated that KDP didn't drop them in the mail last week as they were supposedly going to do. Still, I'm glad they are on their way. Maybe when the proofs reach me, I'll be healthy enough that editing them won't eat all of my brain.

Book 7 refuses to cooperate with me. I'm debating ending it on a cliff hanger because it is proving so difficult to wrap up. I on't like to end things on cliff hangers unless I have no choice. Sure, a cliff hanger ending may be a good way to motivate your reader to buy the next book to see what happens. But it is a real shitty trick to pull on your readers who were enjoying the story as you were going along. I only use them if I have no choice. And it is starting to look like I have no choice.

Book 5 is fortunately cooperating with the editing process. I did not see this many damn typos on my last read through. Some gremlin put them in, I'm sure. After all, the word 'up' is not hard at all to spell. If I can get past this damn sinus infection and get it going, maybe I will have it ready for a beta read through by NaNoWriMo and I can start on an entirely different project.

No comments:

Post a Comment