Monday, October 14, 2019

AW: (late) Morning blog post No. 35

I am struggling to find time to write today. The kids are on break from school for Columbus day. I am not a fan of Columbus day. I don't like the idea of celebrating genocide. We spent part of the day listening to music from the native american peoples in the southwest. I couldn't find anything that was from the people in our region. The kids were ok with it, until they got bored.

I'm sick right now. My head cold has definitely turned into something and I'm going to the doctor on Wednesday to get it dealt with. I'd have gone in earlier if it weren't for the fact that they didn't have any time earlier open and I didn't have the car today. My nose has been bleeding since about midday yesterday. It's a slow, steady bleed. My sinuses on the right side hurt and my right eye keeps tearing up at random times. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be put on antibiotics. Hopefully it won't interact with the laundry list of medications that I am on.

I've been trying to write devotional poetry but not getting much done because the kids are such a distraction. I have a devotional book that I'm working on for the Filianic community. It's a seasonal book of devotions. That's a different format than what I have out right now. I'm writing it by hand. I expect that typing it up is going to be relatively short work. It's a few prayers per page and those are relatively short. In an A5 notebook, it's not a huge deal. My goal is to have the rough draft done by the end of the month.

I tell myself that this is my preparing for NaNoWriMo. Honestly, I feel like everything I'm writing is garbage, but I'm going to keep working anyways until it is done. After all The Red Chair felt like a steaming heap of garbage and I had a friend tell me it was amazing and I should publish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment