Thursday, October 10, 2019

Book status: Book 4 of the Umbrel Chronicles.

Dear Reader,

I'm sitting here with a massive head cold waiting for my proofs to arrive. It should be sometime within the next day or two. I'm impatient to sit down and make sure that everything which looked good in the previewer is just right in the hard copy before I officially release it. In the meantime, I'm spinning my wheels because I am stuck on how to conclude book seven. Book five is a bit of a bear to be editing right now. My head cold isn't doing much to help me focus.

The only thing that seems to be going right at the moment is my work making scarves and hats for charity. The current scarf is garishly bright but that is a good thing. While it is not my favorite color palette I know someone out there will like it. And, if nothing else, it will be bright enough to make them a little more visible in the cold weather. My box for the NICU hats to go into for donation is just about full.

The e-book for volume four of the Umbrel Chronicles is complete. I plan on officially releasing both books at the same time. Still, if you decide to search for it and pick up a copy, I won't take it amiss. Shades of Twilight is not as long as the other books in the series. It's more of a novella. That said, I am pretty pleased with it. I just need my proofs to get here so that I can make sure that the physical copies look as good as the digital ones. Details like making sure that pagination is correct and such are important.

Book five is a headache. I'm still juggling multiple plot lines. I narrowed the number of plot lines to juggle down but editing this monster is almost as bad as my sinus headache right now. It is my hope to have book five out by December. I have yet to set up the hard back versions over on Lulu.com because I'm still trying to make sure that the cover art for that version is along the same theme. It's a bit difficult.

My hope is when I finally get book six out, I can do a discount on both Amazon and Lulu so that if you wanted to buy the whole series in one shot you can. I don't have the means to set up fancy box sets right now. But, that is a goal down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment