Thursday, October 10, 2019

AW: Drop kick and reboot.

I have decided to post all of the work I'm doing via The Artist's Way up here under the 'AW' tag. I've done the proverbial drop kick with my notebook because it's just too hard to juggle so many notebooks right now. I have therapy writing that I do in two notebooks. I had my morning pages notebook (which I filled up yesterday) and a notebook dedicated for the exercises. This is on top of the notebooks I am using for daily necessity like my planner, writing bullet journal, and my food log (stupid diabetes).

Every year, when I hit the seasonal affective disorder for the past few years, I drag out a well worn copy of The Artist's Way and work through it. The results are a little different every year. This year, I had the wild idea of making it a full year project. You can see how well that worked out. Doing AW as I am working on books is going to be a little challenging. I think, however, the challenge of doing so will keep me from collapsing farther into the seasonal depression I get. As long as I am busy with something, I don't have time to perseverate on unhealthy things.

Part of this reboot of AW is going to include artwork that I am making. I am going to be audacious and count things like my crafting for charity as part of my artwork. I am also going to put some effort into my work on keeping an art journal. I'm ten days behind on inktober. I think I'm going to try to catch up. It may get a little weird because I do abstract art. But if you like it, that's awesome. If you don't, that's ok to. Abstract art isn't for everybody.

Here's the tags/subject lines to look for on here if you are following along my work through The Artist's Way.

AW: Morning blog no. [insert number here]
AW: Art
AW: Exercises Week No. [insert number here]
AW: Reading Notes


No comments:

Post a Comment