Monday, October 14, 2019

Flora & Fauna: More Sketches!

Dear Reader,

I'm waaay behind on Inktober but I'm throwing my proverbial hat into the ring to try to get some more artwork done. Here's what I managed yesterday despite my fever.

It is called Silverthorn. The thorns are pale grey, almost white. Immature branches are lighter in color than mature ones, which have a reddish hue. The leaves (which I forgot to draw) have a cooling property like what one may find in mint or other sources of menthol. The bark is anti-inflammatory, like aspirin. The berries come in groups of three and have all the qualities of cherries. This does mean that the pits of the berries are a source of arsenic. The flower (again, I forgot to draw it) is has three petals and looks like a clover with a white stamen and pistol where the three petals meet. The flowers are pale green and blend in with the leaves. The flowers are scentless.

I would have had a second and third sketch for you today but I went to bed early last night because of this damned cold. Kinda makes me wish I had these magical plants to make my symptoms go away so I could get stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment