Sunday, October 27, 2019

AW: LOLOLOL NOT Morning Blog No. 44

It has been an interesting couple of days. It looks like either the car needs an expensive repair or it needs to be replaced. It's a few months over 12 years old, so I have a feeling we're going to be replacing it. I have been listening to my children discuss how we need a ouija board to summon the following:

  • Jesus (yes, that Jesus)
  • Bloody Mary
  • Veronica
Reportedly, the summoning must happen at 3 am and a pair of scissors should be used in place of the planchette. I've told them that at twelve and ten, they're not old enough to be learning necromancy. There has been some pouting. As well as insistence that they can do it by just chanting the names in the mirror.

I have to admit, it would be kinda hilarious if they summoned Jesus, specifically the in the form of the Eucharist. It would be equally funny if they summoned the drink instead of the fabled specter Bloody Mary. I have told them that they're not allowed to perform necromancy with out supervision. I'm just amused by this fascination. I remember being a pre-teen and becoming fascinated with the occult much to my parents' dismay. Unfortunately for the boys, the school library seems to be lacking occult texts that my school library had. 

It was weird, for the super WASP nature of the community I grew up in, that school library had a shocking amount of occult and related texts. I don't know if the school still has the encyclopedia of the occult. If the got rid of it, I'm going to be a bit disappointed. I did a lot of research for my own magical education through that and the reference material I could find at the college library based off of the leads that I got from those books. (I'm a practicing witch and necromancer. This is part of the reason why the children taking an interest in necromancy is funny because I haven't done any rituals in front of them.

But the boys insisting that chanting a name at a mirror three times at 3 am is how to summon the dead is funny. I remember trying it many times. There were dead people I wanted to talk to. It didn't work. The techniques that do work, they're not ready for. I mean, they don't know how to form a summoning circle or the basics of energy work. They have to have at least that basis before they can attempt something like necromancy or summoning an egregore like Bloody Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment