Monday, November 9, 2020

NaBloPoMo 9: Brainz?

 Dear Reader,

I'm of the opinion that it shouldn't take two weeks to get over a sinus infection and a head cold. The antibiotics are still doing their job. My head still feels like it's packed with wool. It's slightly less painful but I don't know if that's because I'm getting better or just getting used to the feeling rotten part of this thing.

I've been doing some writing. I just broke the 20k word count barrier. I'm going to try for the next major milestone, 25k. That means I'm half done with this thing. Editing is going to be headache, but it always is. I just hope that I have enough mental fortitude to get something cohesive on the page. In the meantime, my alpha reader is still working on that other non-fiction project. And let me tell you, I knew it wasn't looking good because the manuscript was three different sources mashed together. He's reported back that it's bad. We're also thinking it might be going for the world record for the number of uses of the word 'and'. At least I got most of the comma splices and semicolon splices out of there.

I thought that project was going to be about a month of work. I was a fool. That thing is going to take a lot longer to clean up and modernize the language. And I am more than a little sure that I am going to make people angry with this. At the same time, I think this version is going to open up the audience and make things more accessible. Which is the whole reason why I started on that project. For now, however, I'm going to stick with this urban fantasy that I'm writing and try not to put in too much gibberish due to being feverish as I am writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment