Tuesday, November 3, 2020

NaBloPoMo 3: What?

 Dear Reader,

I can't follow kid logic. My kids are busy doing class work and talking. Some of the stuff I over here just baffles me. For example: What would you do if a giant chicken with no beak was chasing you? I'd keep a list of the stuff that they come up with but it's hard to keep up with them. My writing prompt box would be completely full within a week, I'm sure. I try to keep kid logic in mind when I am writing characters that are children or child like. It's sometimes hard to do so. I took a child psych course at college, but it doesn't help me as much as the experiences I had working in education. Watching kids solve problems and try to get to the unexpected answer is interesting. Their focus is on fun and learning is secondary. As a result, they go to strange places in their problem solving. Sometimes it works and no one can figure out why. Sometimes it's a spectacular failure. Kid logic has only two out comes: wtf success? and wtf flaming failure? Either way, you're left going "What?" a whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment