Sunday, July 4, 2021

NaNoWriMo Update: Progress looks grim.

 Dear Reader, 

I keep trying to find writing time and it keeps getting eaten by the kids. I have only one page written. I'm stumped on how to go forward. I hope that I can find time to work today and make up for the lost two days. My goal was to write for one hour a day every day on my Camp NaNoWriMo project. The problem is, that always seems to be the time that the kids get into a fight, need my help with something, or do something completely ridiculous that requires me to help clean up a disaster. I don't know if my writing time is jinxed (because it's different on different days) or if it's just the fact that my kids are home from school screwing up my schedule.

I wanted to do blogging yesterday and that completely went sideways. As such, I'm doing two posts today. I really hate the touchpad on my new laptop because it is hyper-sensitive. If you look at it funny, the mouse pointer is off in random directions and things are getting selected for no apparent reason. I'm going to try to run to the local wally world and pick up an optical mouse (because the old one died a week after the old computer did, right as I started using it with this thing). I have a corded mouse but I can't use it because I'm not left handed. All of the USB ports are on the left hand side of this device. It's something I'm trying to get used to. It's not going so well.

But, enough ranting, I'm going to try to steal some writing time while the kids are outside playing. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment