Thursday, July 8, 2021

Dispatch from Camp NaNoWriMo

 Dear Reader,

They have surrounded the camp and taken work time as hostages. Their demands are many. I have done my best to placate them, but cat videos and meme videos are losing their effectiveness. I share meals with them but they refuse to surrender work time, insisting that I listen to their tales of the place known as 'school'. I have vague memories of such a place. These could perhaps be refugees. I have attempted to bribe them with movies, but the ones they want to watch are pure torture. I can only stand cartoon trains for so long. I'd say send supplies or whiskey but these young men will steal my supplies for writing by hand in secret for their own plotting and I dare not consider what would happen if whiskey entered the equation. Word count is no longer on the table as a target. I now aim for what little stolen moments I can have. Forgive me, they call out "Mom" and summon me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment