Monday, July 19, 2021

Flora & Fauna: No, you can't escape poison ivy.

 Dear Reader,

Poison ivy is everywhere in the region where I live. It's a real pest. Because it is so common and so annoying, it found its way into my books. Just like the suicidal fuzzy ninjas (aka whitetail deer) that are a menace around here. Poison ivy doesn't really have any useful purposes but I am going to work it into a scene where someone is stuck dealing with a bad case of it and get a bit grumpy. Near where you find poison ivy growing, you can find jewel weed. That acts as a natural balm for poison ivy and helps relieve some of the symptoms. Because I am a benevolent goddess to my characters, they have that resource to help them. Why rely on magic to cure everything when you just have to crush up a few plants and rub the leaves on the itchy spots, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment