Thursday, July 15, 2021

Dispatch from Camp NaNoWriMo

 Dear Reader,

This week has been filled with things taking me away from my writing. Somehow, in spite of all this, I have managed to hit the final third mark of the book. Granted it is a short book, but it's been difficult to write with so many distractions about me. We did arts and crafts yesterday. I am now dying wool with the leftover purple tie-dye dye packet. It's a solar dying process. We'll see what shade of purple I'll get out of this. I'm going to be leaving it in the sun for a week and then processing it. It has me thinking about what plants you can use to dye fabric and which ones would be worth something in the world of the Umbrel Chronicles. The thought of someone smuggling madder roots from one place to another sounds like it could make an interesting short story on how they're trying to work around sumptuary laws and such. Something to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment