Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Wednesday Rambling

Dear Reader,

I've transitioned from writing the manuscript by hand to typing it because the notebook is literally falling apart as I have been working in it. I have discovered that in the course of three days writing by hand, I can write approximately five thousand words. I'm of mixed feelings about this. I am highly annoyed by the fact that I am redoing work I had already finished, but I can't just start writing where I stopped in the notebook. It's a minor hiccup in the whole process but it has me highly annoyed.

I'm not pleased that the serial stories are a bit stalled right now. I wanted to move them along a bit more but the Iron Lily is plodding along slowly and I've hit a wall with Dacia's war. Al-Uzza is a terrible person but I'm unsure how to demonstrate that because she's not a violently awful human being. I lost my notes when the desktop computer died yesterday. On one hand, I'm glad that it was just a outline of a few character notes that I can mostly remember. On the other hand, I'm annoyed that I can't use the desktop computer as a backup storage device for my plethora of documents.

I haven't done any sketches or drawings recently. If I haven't been writing, I have been doing housework. If I am not doing housework, I am working on presents for the holidays. I have one sweater finished, another about a quarter of the way done, and a blanket that I'm currently working on adding to. It's the blanket that is the hard part because one round takes an hour of crochet. This thing is big.

I'm working again on book seven of the Umbrel Chronicles. I'm trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with the formatting for the first trilogy that I can't get it up as ebooks right now. I'm tempted to download somebody's template and just start to copy-paste until the whole book is reformatted into something that will actually upload properly. That, however, would be a lot of cut and paste. Book four will be out as a novella. I'm only going to release it as a paperback because of how much difficulty I'm having getting things sorted out right now. Sometime in the future I'll have everything out as ebooks. I hope.

Tomorrow is the last installment of the Deamon's Kiss. Still NSFW but if you read the other three installment's you're already aware of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment