Wednesday, October 10, 2018

That moment when ...

My day today!
Dear Reader,

I don't know if it has happened to you but ever get so caught up working on one thing that you totally forget to work on the other things? Yeah, that was today. I started my NaNoWriMo project early because I clearly anticipate the second half of November being chaos. I suppose that makes me a NaNo rebel, or a cheater. I'm not sure and I'm not going to worry about it (or word count). I'm writing a novella length book out by hand again.

Last NaNoWriMo, I started a novel by hand but didn't finish it. I wound up finishing the thing out last spring, sort of. I've got more to add to it and I picked up another two notebooks. Today, I lost a significant portion of my writing time to fixing research mistakes. I like to have my references correct, thank you very much. No casual citations here, my friend. (Seriously, when I'm working on non-fiction, all of my habits from writing papers in college come back. Right down to making the bulleted outline so detailed that I'm writing the paper as bullet points. I had an instructor ask me why I was turning in a rough draft with bad punctuation when they asked for an outline. They were gobsmacked when I explained that was my outline. I then proceeded to turn it into a 100 page paper. Aced the course.)

I have some mild cramping in my hand from writing all day but I don't mind it much. It was the neck cramp from being bent over a book all day that got me. I forgot how bad my posture gets when I start writing by hand on a desk that is slightly too low. Time to clear of space at the real desk and get to work tomorrow on it all. That said, I'll post the next bit for Halthor tomorrow.

The scheduled post is going to go live as of midnight. Friendly reminder, that post is erotic horror and NOT safe for work or children. I would start listing triggers but this thing is full of them and the list would probably be as long as this post. Let's just say if you are a survivor of assault, sexual assault, or psychological abuse, you should skip the serial story The Deamon's Kiss. I wrote it as an attempt to process my own experiences of trauma. It is part of the reason why I write horror, to make sense of what happened to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment