Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Temporary change in posting schedule!

Dear Reader,

I'm taking a moment to change my posting schedule for the month of October. Because October is considered the month most associated with horror, I have moved my book status updates to Wednesdays to post a serial story on Thursdays. Unlike Dacia's War or the Iron Lily, this is a completed serial story in four posts.

This serial story is about a supernatural sexual assault. I would like to make a few things clear here before the posts go live.

  1. I do not condone sexual assault. 
  2. I do not condone using sexual assault as a plot device.
  3. This was written as an effort to process my own traumatic experiences.
  4. This short serial story features characters that are part of the major story arc for the entire book series. Astrid the Maid, Maigren, and Byroniac are all major players in various books.
Most importantly, if you are a person recovering from or having survived sexual assault, I very strongly advise you skip this horror series. Writing it, I triggered my own C-PTSD a few times. I still think, however, it is a well developed story and in keeping with the universe of the storylines I've been writing. I also think it gives you a glimpse into why the deamons really are the bad guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment