Thursday, April 25, 2019

AW: Reboot.

Dear Reader,

My grand plan of dedicating a month to each week of the Artist's Way work went completely askew between life happening and a major depressive episode. I'm going to start everything again from the beginning. This time, I think I'm just going to stick with the 12 weeks. I am going to change things a little bit in how I am doing this.

I will be doing my morning pages off line in a notebook,but I'm going to add on fifteen minutes of free writing here on the blog. My hope is to get myself into writing more material for here on a daily basis and perhaps get past this damned block that has me stumped on how to finish book seven. It's been almost half a year, I should have finished it by now. I haven't and I am finding myself stuck in other areas of creative writing. So, I'm going to just take the plunge and do all of the AW exercises on here. Consider it filler material and disregard it if you're more interested in the serial stories or other parts of the blog's scheduled content.

The next twelve weeks are going to reveal a fair amount about myself and my creative process. I will be posting pictures of some of the artwork that I make as I am working through this and my reading notes for each chapter. I have a little over twelve weeks before the kids are done with school for the summer. That means I have a little more than twelve weeks to get my writing habits established in preparation for the summer.

I think I can do this thing as long as I can push through the issues that come up due to my mental health stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment