Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Irons in the fire right now.

Photo by Maria Tyutina from Pexels
Dear Reader,

As it may have been apparent, I'm having some difficulty keeping up with my writing at the moment.
The vision issues are clearing up, thank gods, but I'm buried under things like parent-teacher conferences, school meetings, and the other stuff that goes with being a stay at home mom. My Beloved has been helping out and he is amazing for it. (Seriously, marriages that work as a team and focus on communication are the coolest thing. 10/10 Would completely recommend!)

Aside from the important responsible adult things that I have been doing with my husband's help, I have been doing a lot of journal writing for my therapy stuff. It's gotten hairy but it has also given me some ideas for how to work around some problems in my fiction writing. Thus, I am revisiting some manuscript ideas and trying to make them better. This includes the serial stories that I have been working on here. I shut down a secondary blog that I had going discussing mental health stuff because I have too much on my plate right now to do that. Also, a big amount of that work is going into my mental health journal writing.

I'm still in the process of retrieving data from my LiveJournal account. If I were confident that I could just shut it down and start typing up old book reviews from my notebooks, I would completely do that. The problem is I have reviews that I typed up on LiveJournal that I don't have paper copies of. And I can't remember which ones I have paper copies of and which ones I don't. My reading journal notebook is really full. Not quite time to switch to a new notebook, but in a few months that will likely be the case.

In other news, I am about to start looking for new books to read. If you have any suggestions, please post a link in the comments below. Also, if you are looking for something to read, check out Liam Burke's Moments Before. He writes psychological horror really well. I also really enjoy the quick pace the plot moves and his delightful take on plot twists. Spoiler: The diner is probably one of the best parts of the eBook. Seriously, he does an awesome job setting the scene and navigating it with how the action unfurls. You can almost see yourself sitting in a booth there.


I am still working on location description posts. I'm having some difficulty finding the right way to draw maps. Still doing some research into how to get that right, because the old map just doesn't work now. Halthor's journey will be continuing next week. The trek of Lady Al-Uzza into the north of the Dacian empire will be updated on the second week of May.

Ebooks are in the works. I'll be going through Lulu.com for the eBooks because they're going to be less expensive for you that way. More information about that tomorrow. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment