Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Locales: Coming Soon.

 Dear Reader,

I may suck at drawing maps, but I will be making a master list of locations described thus far. Also, I will be adding new locations that could be a good D&D setting for a dungeon crawl or other sort of campaign. I am going to attempt to draw up something vaguely map related for the settings that I am sharing with you to use in your tabletop games but I have to warn you it is going to be blocky and badly drawn. (I have graph paper to work with and I'll be color coding levels.) I have a love for tabletop gaming and for similar 'old school' role play games. The idea that one of my settings may be used by someone for a game is one that makes me really happy.

I will be posting the 'maps' (if you can call them that) as images and I will also try to figure out how to make a .pdf of the map with a full description of the setting. For example, if your players want to meet the wise dragon Gerða and be gifted with a magical weapon from her treasures, I will be drawing up a map of her warrens (known as Gerða's Hall). In with the .pdf of the map will be a description of the sort of things that one may find in Gerða's Hall, the persons one may encounter, and of Gerða herself in both her forms. If your players want to go on a campaign that takes them into Dacia and lets them battle the enemies of the Empire, I will be providing a description of a few battles with maps marking enemy locations and the terrain.

If you're a cartographer of sorts and interested in working with me on this project, that would be awesome. This is currently a labor of love and there isn't really any funding behind it. However, when the project is complete and all the documents are complied into one e-book, I will split the proceeds with you. Contact me and we can discuss the details, if you're interested. I know that artists and creative souls die from working for exposure. This is why I am giving my solemn word that I will work with you to figure out a fair business arrangement between us before all the eyes of the internet. Such an oath is serious business according to my faith. I can also help you get into contact with persons who are designing role play games that you might want to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment