Friday, February 19, 2021

Is it Monday yet?

 Dear Reader,

In case it isn't obvious, my week has been complete tumult and posting here has been difficult. Aside from the challenges of having the kids home from school on winter break (which I completely forgot about), I am waiting to hear back from the eye doctor just what exactly is wrong with my eyes and how much of a risk do I have for glaucoma? Tomorrow, I get to go to the blood draw station in the next town over to get my A1C tested in preparation for my diabetes follow up (maintenance?) visit with my family doctor. I've been playing phone tag with the care coordinator for my family doctor's office to get some questions about diabetes answered. The end result of getting ahold of her was more questions than answers and the distinct feeling that there is a massive communication gap between the two of us. It makes me think I should get a referral to a nutritionist, if my health insurance will even cover that.

I have been struggling to keep up with my daily writing that I do aside from blogging. My therapy journal is a mess. My daily journal is a mess. And we won't even talk about the state of my daily planner/household notebook. I am frustrated because all my effort just leads to me spinning my wheels right now. Heck, I haven't had time to do any reading really. I've got Gabino Inglesias's Zero Saints on my Kindle to read and I haven't gotten past the opening scene. (It was an awesome scene by the way.) 

I got my non-fiction project done. I had everything all set up to publish through Lulu.com when it became apparent that Lulu.com is back up to their shenanigans. The front end of the site is real pretty. But it's not going well on the back end. They're messing with people's work and screwing up orders. So, now I'm working on trying to find another site I can publish through aside from KDP. I'm hoping to figure out something that is more flexible in format than KDP because I have other works that really would be better with a different binding than the glued soft cover that they offer. I was working with Lulu.com because they offered that wider range of binding formats and it's mildly vexing that they're falling back into bad habits that makes their business model not very user friendly (or consumer friendly).

No comments:

Post a Comment