Thursday, May 2, 2019

AW: Morning Blog no. 5

It is a wet and gloomy day out there this morning. As we were waiting for the bus, my youngest child and I watched a worm squirm its way across the sidewalk. I told him facts about the worm and we speculated where it could be going. My son was delighted in all of this. He was fascinated by the tiny creature. I suppose with the right approach, I can keep him from hopping in all of the muddy puddles along the front walk.

There are a few house finches, a pair of cardinals, and a blue jay squabbling over the bird feeder hanging right outside my window. The birds are not entirely happy but so be it. It looks like the highway department is trying to fix a hole in the end of the driveway again. It is right where the driveway meets the road. Every time it rains, gravel washes out. A few weeks back, the landlord hired somebody to fill in all the holes of the drive way with gravel and level everything out. The guy didn't do the job quite right so the hole are back.

I'm not sure why the highway department stopped to fill in that hole. I suppose if your landlord is the town supervisor, they can call in a few favors or something. I don't know. But they shoveled some gravel into the hole and then drove off. I wish that the landlord would spring to actually fix the problems around here. For that matter, if the dumpster could get moved away from my building that would be amazing. It isn't going to happen, though. The landlord has been talking about making repairs on this place and getting it 'ready for summer' which I think means he is going to try to sell the place again.

Last summer, I came out my front door to be met by some realtor with a couple of clients in tow stating that they were told they could look at my apartment. I had no phone call from the landlord prior to this. It was a shock and the whole affair sent me into a bit of a panic. Was the building getting sold? Were we going to have to move out? Was our rent going to go up? Lots of other similar questions came up as well. I was as gracious as I could be on being caught unawares and gave them a tour of the apartment in the state it was in. I answered their questions honestly, like the fact that the hole in the entryway ceiling had been there for almost a year.

The place didn't sell. We still have the same landlord. I'm not impressed with the guy. He apparently has a reputation as a less than stellar landlord in the community. All I want is for my damn sink to get fixed and we've gone through three landlords trying to get that resolved. The last plumber to look at the sink took the sink apart and now we can't put the drain plug in because they took the linkage away with them. So, my bathroom sink is even more broken than it was to begin with.

I'm frustrated and disappointed. I also feel fooling posting this entry. I don't think I'm doing these morning pages/blogs quite right. Almost all of them are ranting or some kind of journal like entry. I think I should be doing something more 'art' oriented but I can't come up with anything. I am struggling right now to make art or to write creative stuff. I'm not blocked as much as therapy things keep getting in the way and I can't kill things in effigy to help the process. I am going to attempt the poem a day challenge as I am working to finish my Camp NaNoWriMo project. Maybe some bad poetry will get the messed up thoughts out of my head.

I have started keeping an art journal again. I haven't done much on sketches right now. But I did do some basic art therapy prompts. I felt kinda stupid doing the two hands one. On one side of the page you draw your hand and list the things you need to let go. On the other side of the page, you draw your hand and list the things you need to gather into your life. Then you decorate it. I felt stupid doing this exercise. I don't think it did me much good. But I'm going to be doing this once a week for next several weeks. As long as I just keep working, I'll make progress at something, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment