Friday, May 10, 2019

Book Review: Coyote Songs

Title: Coyote Songs
Author: Gabino Inglesias
Publisher: Broken River Books Date: 2018

This is another book that I wish I had a physical copy for my personal library. The Kindle edition is fantastic. The font was such that I didn't need my reading glasses. Again, this was a great thing.

I'm not sure where to begin. This book tells several stories all at the same time. Each of them is heart rending. Each of them is horrific. And yet, in the conclusion of the book, there is some form of solace in a curious manner. Mr. Inglesias's writing style is tight and fast paced. It was easy to get lost in the book because of how quickly he moves the story along. It is like being caught up in a river and next thing you know an hour's gone by and you can't put the book down. His deft handling of the very human emotions of the characters, even the most monstrous of them, makes just about all of them easy to empathize with. This is precisely why the plot twists are like a punch in the gut. Mr. Inglesias has an excellent sense of dramatic timing an keeps his readers on tenterhooks through out the entire wild ride.

10/10

Originally Published: 5/10/2019

The original post has a link to where you can purchase a copy. I whole heartedly encourage you to do so. I'm sure that we're going to see more amazing work from Mr. Inglesias

No comments:

Post a Comment