Sunday, December 31, 2017

Death on toast?

That's about how I feel right now. I've been very sick and struggling just to get household chores done, never mind any of the work that goes into blogging. If it weren't for the kids being on break all last week and my eldest being home sick from school the week before, I probably would have been in bed all day for the last two weeks. The doctor says it is just a virus. I've been feeling sick and having some manner of cold since the beginning of November, if not mid-October. If this doesn't clear up over the next 48 hours, I'll be going back and just glare at him until he gives me something stronger than this cough suppressant.

Book three is almost ready. I have to review proofs. The soft cover is on CreateSpace and the hard cover is on Lulu. Ordering through Lulu directly gives you a discount. I can't recall exactly what I set that to. If you want more information, look at the Books page I have set up. Then you can take a look at the cover. It came out looking rather pretty, in my opinion, for a self generated cover with their cover creator.

I'm going to attempt to resume posting again, despite feeling horrid. I apologize in advance if I happen to drop jokes as lame as the ones I make my husband suffer through in his lunch box. (Example: What was the snake's costume? A rope.) I will also attempt to post some prompts for writing. I liked doing that when I has the presence of mind to do so during NaNoWriMo.

I am going to try to get those serial stories moving again. It is likely going to be on alternate weeks. I have decided that 2018 is going to be the year that I wrap up the Iron Lily, because it is something of a prequel to some major events in books seven and eight of the Umbrel Chronicles. If I can accomplish it, I will be putting the serial stories when completed together into a short work that includes some unpublished background stories for the world as well.  That, however, is a long term project that I'm not going to start until the Iron Lily is done.

If you can donate to support my work, it would be greatly appreciated. Donors will get a thank you note. If we can break $100 in donations for the month of January, I will post a brief video of my reading an excerpt of the short story that was my very first attempt to write a novel waaay back in middle school. It is not very good, but it was the source of an idea that carries forward to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment