Friday, November 12, 2021

AW: Morning Pages No. 82

 I am attempting to complete this page in ten minutes. I have this nifty little sand timer that is exactly ten minutes long. It's got bright pink sand inside it and the kids want to play with it all the time. I keep it up on a higher shelf so that it doesn't go missing when I'm looking to use it. They are, however, getting taller and that tactic isn't going to work for much longer.

I'm really not sure what to write about here today. I feel badly that I haven't blogged in so long. I fell guilty about it, to be honest. I don't feel like these morning pages really count. Still, I'm trying so that has to count for something.

I'm still working on NaNoWriMo. My word count is currently 33k and change. I'm at about the halfway mark for my goal. I will confess that I am cheating a little bit because I started this project last month. That, however is my work-around for the chaos that losing a week around Thanksgiving is going to cause. My kids were off from school yesterday so I didn't get much writing or anything else that I wanted to do done. Now that they're at school, I'm forcing myself to stick to my damn schedule that I put together way back in January to try to hit all of my writing goals for the day.

I can't spend all day working on my NaNoWriMo project when I have blogs to update, other books to finish, and housework to do. I'd like to just sit and write on my NaNoWriMo project until the story is complete but it's not going to happen. I'm still debating taking my laptop with me to Thanksgiving dinner. The polite side of me says that would be a terrible idea and very rude. The rest of me says that it's away to get more work done.

I'm probably going to discuss it with Beloved and get his thoughts on it. I finished the non-fiction project that I was stuck on for a few weeks. It's currently churning its way through the publishing process at KDP. When I reviewed it on-line, it looked good. I ordered a proof copy to stick on my shelf. I will be ordering another copy of a different non-fiction book that I wrote because my proof copy has gone MIA. I just want this little book I wrote to be helpful to people. There's a lot of confusion on how to worship and work with Loki (one of the deities that I am heavily involved with in my spiritual life) and I wrote a devotional to help clear up some of the confusion and give people a starting point in forging their own devotional path.

I don't know how well it is going to be received. I'm going to just hope it works out well. I'm not going to hang my hat on it being a great big success. If I sell a few copies, I'll be happy. The hard part is getting back into my tarot reading stuff. Everything's been so up in the air, that my side project of reading tarot cards for cash has been on hold for literally months. Beloved says that it counts as my losing money when it comes to considering the income questions around it. I just don't know. It feels like an excuse to say that my brain is too screwed up right now to play around with pretty painted cards and tell people what they show me. I, however, have been feeling that way about my brain being screwed up and keeping me from writing.

Mental illness sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment