Tuesday, August 10, 2021

This week's Flora & Fauna post is delayed.

 Dear Reader,

I have misplaced my sketchbook. I have searched high and low for that blasted thing and can't find it. I'm beginning to suspect that one of my artistic boys has absconded with it and I may need to acquire a new one. I think I need to label everything that goes with my writing stuff so that there's no confusion. I will try to have a sketch up for you a little later this week along with a brief run down about the plant. While I know that my works will never reach the level of Audubon's ability, I like to think that I'm getting better at it as time goes on. The problem for me, however, are those damned roots. Fortunately, I own a couple of illustrated herbals that will let me study the art of plant root structures. (If you're looking to buy a real herbal that is useful, check out M. Grieves' A Modern Herbal. It's a two volume set that is full of information. It has been a big inspiration for what I post in this section.)

No comments:

Post a Comment