Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Flora & Fauna: The Herbal is stalled for want of better sketches.

 Dear Reader,

I have been attempting to draw plants and it's just ugly. I am not going to share the pics of the disaster with you, let it be enough to say that I did not inherit my botanist grandmother's eye or skill for drawing plants. I have been having difficulty drawing realistic root systems. I also have had this small problem of being too busy to spend time practicing/drawing. The kids have been on break for a little bit and keeping them active draws my focus away from my activities. And before that was the chaos of the end of school.

Summer school should be starting soon. I'm hoping that by then, I'll have at least one decent sketch to share. I picked up a set of water color pencils and the color saturation is amazing. I may attempt to do something of a painting based upon the use of those pencils. If I do so, I will post the results. I also now have a new set of oil pastel crayons so I can resume things like color studies and drawings based in that medium. Those won't go into the herbal but if I can draw something pretty cool with the oil pastel crayons, I totally am going to share it. Y'all have gone too long with out content.

I forgot about the Poisoner's Book project. Amusingly, what reminded me that I was going to do that was researching how safe my houseplants are. They're not. Except for the spider plant, they're all super toxic. And all but a few of the plants in my garden are edible. I feel like I got this backwards some how. But as I read and learn more about these plants, I am taking notes and will start posting on the Poisoner's Book project next month.

This month is the second Camp NaNoWriMo of the year, I will attempt to write this non-fiction book that completely stalled out during the last Camp NaNoWriMo in April due to my mental illness acting up. My goal is to get that completed so that I can finish the next book in the Umbrel Chronicles during NaNoWriMo in November. I will also be attempting to blog every day. Because why not be a little crazy and blog every day across multiple blogs as you're trying to write a book and watch after two pre-teens? Everybody needs a challenge, right? (Pray for me. LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment