Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Editing is making me miss whiskey.

Dear Reader,

I am so close to finished with my edits on this manuscript. Now I have to deal with formatting issues. Each change I make, magically, undoes itself when I upload the manuscript to the self-publishing site. EVERY DAMN TIME! Font changes? Useless. Line spacing changes? Laughable. I'm beginning to think that there are dark forces moving against me and I'm going to have to sacrifice an animal or something to make this work properly. Also, is it me or does the self-publishing sites have a hate for Google Chrome? I keep getting error messages that I don't have the current version of Flash to use various features. (I have the most up to date version of Flash on this gods damned computer right now.)

I can only imagine how hammered Hemingway would have been if he had to go through this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment