Thursday, January 16, 2020

Book Progress Notes: Books 5 & 6 of the Umbrel Chronicles of Evandar

Dear Reader,

I feel like I'm going through the millionth read through of book five. I'm down to sorting out grammatical errors. It's a process that I feel would be easier if I had a paper copy and a red pen. My lack of a printer, however, means that I'm doing it ALL digitally. It makes my eyes tired. But, my hope is to have book five ready to send off to the printers by this summer.

I have just started the editing process on book six. It's not too awful right now. I am still working on the first few chapters, however. I am sitting here referencing my previous books to make sure that I have character descriptions right and location descriptions accurate. I'd be using my Book Bible for this but it's mostly empty because I've been busy with other things. I might take a break from working on editing book six to actually copy material into the Book Bible.

I feel a little guilty about it sitting there just waiting for me to write down my outlines of how book plots turned out and character descriptions. This was something I was going to work on last year and never got around to it. My intention this year is to spent 15 minutes a week working on it. Hopefully by the end of the year, it will be a useful tool for making sure that everything in book seven is correct.

On the writing front, book seven is proving to be a pain in the neck. I have a major scene to write out but it keeps coming out wrong. I am still coming down from a mixed episode recently. My Beloved assures me that once things stabilize within me, I'll have greater clarity in getting the ideas from in my head to the page. I'm just impatient for that to happen RIGHT NOW.

It is my hope that during NaNoWriMo this year, in November, I will write book eight. I need to finish book seven, however, before I can get working on book eight. Comparing what I have done right now and what I have slated to work on this year with my master outline for the entire series, I am at about where I want to be. I am a little behind in a couple areas, but that will be resolved in the next few books.

No comments:

Post a Comment