Sunday, December 1, 2019

AW: Morning Blog 66

I am feeling pretty discouraged. I thought that my NaNoWriMo project was going to wrap up at 30k, then at 50k, and then at 100k. It's the day after the end of NaNoWriMo and I am 101k words into this project with no sign of end in sight. I'm frustrated because I WANTED to write something like a romance story / fairytale. What I've got is a mess of an adventure story with politics and a romance theme in the background.

It is bitterly ironic that when I have been trying to write over the last month, my kids were especially distracting. But right now, they're just wrapped up in blankets hanging out on the couch listening to train sound effects. Why couldn't they just calm down and let me write over the last few weeks? Ugh.

The weather sucks today. We're under a winter storm advisory right now. It was posted last night as starting from 4 am to 3 pm. It is now extended to 7 pm tomorrow. It has just transitioned from rain to snow. I suspect that there is a fine layer of ice over everything right now. Maybe we won't have to worry about losing power.

No comments:

Post a Comment