Sunday, March 31, 2019

Life update.

Dear Reader,

It has been a week since I posted. I've been busy with a new manuscript that I still have no idea what is going on with it. I started Camp NaNoWriMo a few weeks early and over the last few weeks I have written some material that's been emotionally brutal for me. I don't know if the end result will be something publishable or if it will reside in a drawer forever. Life has been challenging and difficult to find time to write.

Some of this is the fact that parenting is a full time job as is running a household. Some of this is the fact that I have been still struggling with depression. My mood is beginning to improve somewhat. I've tried forcing myself to write despite my mood disorder and all of the anxieties that goes with it. My morning pages have been ugly, folks. It's been rough going and I'm not sure how April will be at large.

I am still working on getting book four ready for release. It is far shorter than books two or three. It is definitely a novella length work. At the same time, I am anticipating that people will enjoy it because it is not as weighty as the other books. It marks the point where I am splitting the proverbial party. Books five, six, and seven are less jumping between major characters. It also is where you get more than a taste of supernatural shenanigans. I expect it to be ready by the end of May.

Book seven has gone in weird directions as I am trying to finish it up. I think that editing this is going to be headache. I'm not entirely sure what I am doing with this book. I honestly am concerned now that I may have to rewrite the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment