Thursday, January 3, 2019

Book Review: Wee Free Men

Title: Wee Free Men
Author: Terry Pratchett
Publisher: Harper Collins Date: Apr. 2003

This was a fun, no effort read that I was given by my mother in law as I was recovering from surgery a few weeks ago. If you want an easy read that's good for plenty of chuckles, I highly recommend it. This is obviously a juvinile book, but the story is well written and has enough charm to appeal to older readers as well. The character of Tiffany Aching is an exceptionally vibrant one and, as per Pratchett's usuall flare, an independant and bright character.

Put this together with the quirky Feegles and the general weirdness of the world that Pratchett created, you're garanteed a light and funny read.

Originally published: 2/22/2007

Please forgive my bad spelling in this post. The content is lifted directly from my other blog as it was initially posted. My feelings on Wee Free Men and Terry Pratchett's work has only deepened. I've come to realize that the late Terry Pratchett wasn't writing just for children, though this was a book that I know that my children will enjoy if they decide to read it when they're in middle school.

I've reread it and I've come to see that the characters are all exceptional. I'm currently working my way through A Slip of the Keyboard and as I get to know Terry Pratchett better through his own words, the more I see that he was writing for everyone with this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment