Monday, May 21, 2018

Super busy last few days.

Hi there,

It's been really busy at my place for the last few days. Things are just beginning to settle down some. As such, I should be able to get some real work going on posts here. I am making good progress on edits to book four. It is more of a novella, but I don't think that is going to be much of a problem because book five onward are monster length. Not because I'm rambling but because there's so much plot.

I'm beginning to find my way out of the creative hole I wound up in on my serial stories and on book seven. If all goes according to my hopes, I will have major progress done on those by the end of June. Just in time for the summer break to start for the kids. In the meantime, I'm steadily working on getting things prepped for said break and more structured schedules for the kids. This should mean better time writing, right?

The boys are coming up with some awesome stories that I'm encouraging them to write and illustrate. I'd love to share their work but they don't want to right now. And that's ok. Budding artists need time to grow and develop their style on their own. I will confess, though, my eldest is doing some amazing work on drawing very detailed diagrams for inventions he'd like to make. And my youngest has some pretty wicked ideas for things that should happen, like inventing a tornado that cleans everything up and you can turn it on and off with a switch and control it with a remote control. The two of them are working on how that would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment