Thursday, January 4, 2018

Let's be serious.

Hi there,

Let's be serious, for just a moment. I'm an author. You, too, may be an author. Technically, we may be competitors, but I like to think of us as colleagues who can celebrate each other's successes. I want to help YOU be successful. I am starting a list of books to read this year and write up new reviews for. Because just posting old reviews is boring for me. And I am finding that I am hitting the end of my 'to be read' list from last year.

So, please comment with a title you want me to review. If you are also an author, I'd be happy to review some of your work. I post my book reviews on the weekend. I will be tagging new reviews. I will read on any topic. I am a curious little thing and generally can get through most anything. (Yes, that does mean I am going to attempt to read the 50 Shades series again. This time, I'm forcing myself through it chapter by chapter like I did with the City of God. I apologize for anyone offended by my putting the writings of E.L. James beside the writings of St. Augustine of Hippo. But that was probably one of the most painfully boring things I read ever.)

Share with me the books you'd like my opinion on. I will cover the technical details about readability, plot development, character development, and general flow. I may even have some thoughts on the author's tone. I will be as kind as I can be, but I will also be honest in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment