Sunday, July 26, 2015

6 Days and Counting!

Hello folks!

The big day is fast approaching and I have been having a devil of a time with the cover creator software I'm working with. The stock covers available from Create Space are nice, but not exactly what I am looking for. Thus, I am attempting to work through Lulu.com and having a bit of difficulty. My plan is to create the cover I want for the dust jacket to the hard cover edition and then use it for the soft cover version. I have the pictures picked out that I want to use but the software is being fussy. It is a frustrating thing but I think I will have all the details of the cover ironed out in the next day or so.

The hardest part for this project is not the cover. It is writing the blurb. I am looking at the manuscript and finding myself at a little bit of a loss for how to condense the whole story into a brief paragraph. There are so many elements at play in this book that I am worried that my efforts are going to come off as jumbled chaos. I am not going to let myself get extremely upset over this, because I have several wonderful people who are my sounding boards.

The title of book two of the Umbrel Chronicles is The Dragon Child of Evandar. I will be sharing some details about it as the week progresses and providing a preview of the final version of the cover. At the end of the month, the paperback and hardback versions will be released. For a limited time, they will be offered at a discount after the release date. I will let you know more about that as it gets closer to the big day.

Thank you all for hanging in with me and being patient.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment