Tuesday, February 5, 2019

AW:M2:Ex3

List twenty things you enjoy doing [...]. When was the last time you let yourself do these things? Next to each entry, place a date. Don't be surprised if it's been years for some of your favorites. That will change. This list is an excellent resource for artist dates. The Artist's Way pg. 56


  • Painting        (2014)
  • Baking          (Last month)
  • Hiking          (2015)
  • Sex                [redacted]
  • Kinky sex      [redacted]
  • Reading erotica ???
  • Reading fantasy ???
  • Reading science fiction   ???
  • Sewing           (2014, that wasn't mending)
  • LARP             (2018)
  • Costuming     (2018)
  • Singing          (1996/2003)
  • Making collages (2011)
  • Gardening      (2018)
  • Arranging flowers ???
  • Making jewelry (2018)
  • Dressing up for a special occasion ???
  • Making nerdy gifts (Last month)
  • Calligraphy ???
  • Sketching (Last month)
Well, that's a pretty big list of things I enjoy doing and haven't been doing. No wonder I've been struggling with depression. About half of that list, I haven't done in at least five years or it's been so long I don't even remember the last time I did it. So, I guess it is a good thing that I've started an art journal to try to start getting back into making paintings, sketches, and collages. Now I just have to give myself permission not to be perfect. 

Aside from that, I believe I need to get reading again. I've been stalled on Terry Pratchett's A Slip of the Keyboard because I've been depressed and finding it hard to focus on reading. I'll try to finish that and get a review of it up by the end of the week. Oh, and the list above is not in any particular order. It was also harder to complete than I expected because I just feel awful right now and my brain was going 'What's the point to all of this anyways?'

No comments:

Post a Comment