Thursday, November 15, 2018

Books update.

Dear Reader,

Aside from spamming you with NaNoWriMo/NaBloPoMo content, I figured I'd take a moment to let you know how things are going on the book writing front. I have officially been cheating at NaNoWriMo this year. I have been spending my time trying to get things caught up and finished. I finished two nonfiction works earlier this month. Now I'm working on book seven of the Umbrel Chronicles. I've hit some vexing situations here with this manuscript.

I had written out a nicely detailed plot map. Now everything has gone off the rails. New gods have introduced themselves into the story long before they were supposed to show up on scene. Old characters that were just supposed to be random filler to advance the plot are turning into important support characters. And I am getting frustrated because none of my characters are doing what they're supposed to be doing according to the plot I had planned out.

My characters did what characters will do and took on a life of their own. Again. Here's hoping that the story doesn't turn out to be garbage after the editing process. Right now, I feel like I'm writing with out a net. It is mildly nerve wracking.

Aside from this, I am increasingly vexed with the self publishing process. I am clearly not doing something right in my efforts to convert files to a format friendly to ebook format. I'd hire someone to help me if I had the funds, instead I will hammer away at this until I figure out what in the nine levels of Dante's hell I am doing. Given the weather, I think I am heading down towards the ninth level.

No comments:

Post a Comment