Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Aw. Morning pages No. 77 - Bronchitis can die in a fire.

 I have been sick for the last two weeks because of a combination of a head cold, bronchitis, and a sinus infection. Week one was spent with a moderately high fever and a lot of time where the world felt like it was spinning around. Four days into weeks one with this monstrosity (two days into the antibiotic treatment), my eldest son comes down with this bug. Some where around this time, Beloved catches it. The two of them have a moderate head cold, I'm sick to the point where I really should have been sleeping in bed but I had a child to mind.

I wasn't so feverish that I was hearing colors but it was a close thing. I'd close my eyes and see swirling colors in neon shades. It made the evening conversations with Beloved weird as the patterns shifted based on the sounds I heard. The fever has come way down and it in the moderate to low range. All hail Tylenol. Alas, in the course of the week right before I caught this damned virus, I developed an allergy to Aleve (which was my go to for migraines for the longest time) and shellfish. So, now I have burned through all over the counter migraine medications and I can no longer have my favorite soup (clam chowder). I am highly annoyed with all of this.

I have been trying to write off line but it's pretty much all been gibberish because I haven't been well. Now that I am feeling a little better, I am hoping I can get back to writing. I am so close to finished on the print copy of the Lokean devotional that I wrote. I've been starting to get feed back from readers on the Filianic stuff that I've written. It's been a mixed bag. I've come to the conclusion that I need a form letter to reply to the mass of email that have been hitting my inbox. 

I guess I'm going places with my non-fiction because I'm getting responses to it. Things have slowed down on the book revenue front. I'm also not out there heavily promoting material because I've been sick and my brain's been weird for the last few months. I'm mildly depressed because I'm experiencing more dissociation. My psy doctor has been working with me on it. I've been doing a lot of therapy journaling. My sleep has been rotten. At first because of brain stuff, then it started to settle down with a med change and then this stupid virus hit me. 

This being disabled business is bullshit. And being sick on top of it it is just the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment