Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Camp NaNoWriMo: Day 10

Dear Reader,

It is day ten of the campaign. Rations are running low. The enemy forces have attempted sabotage and distraction at an increasing rate. Fortunately, the schoolmaster's brigade is keeping them at bay for a few hours a day. When they slip free from the schoolmaster's forces, the small army are particularly ferocious. It is only by bribing them with our rations that we can achieve a temporary truce. Said bribery must happen on a regular basis or they begin audio warfare. The chants of "Mom, we're hungry!" are slowly robbing me of my sanity. Thankfully, the reinforcements arrive near dusk and the enemy is held off by the forces of the father and then sleep claims them.

Please, pray for me. I am three days behind the main force. I believe the enemy can tell my weaknesses and are attempting to use them against me. Adorable children are my bane, dear friend. I shall send my next missive as soon as I reach 15K.

Regards,

Deb

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Prompts for the week:

Your most hilarious incident involving spoiled food.

Anon. quote ~ The best way to tell a lie is to tell the truth ... carefully edited truth.

If you were Jack Bauer for a day, you would ... (Insert any other action hero if you didn't watch 24.)

Your verbal pet peeves?

Rules your children follow in public places but not at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment