Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Update: What the hell have I been doing?

Dear Reader,

Hi! How have you been? It's been a while since I posted something with actual text of any worth to it. I'd like to apologize for that. I have been busier than I expected. I wish I could say that all of this activity that has been keeping me from blogging is a case of I'm getting a new book written. It is actually more along the lines of minding a sick 7 year old for the last week, gardening stuff, and doing all of those things that go into being a stay at home mom. Throw on top of that the fact that I have not been well and it has been difficult to do much aside from the essentials.

I have, however, been working on resolving problems with getting The Dragon Child of Evandar out for sale. (I have come to the conclusion that part of the problem is clearly something to do with converting the book from paperback to e-book. I have also been working on fixing issues with stuff like the cover.) I expect that will be resolved come the beginning of June. I am also in the process of getting book three of the series ready to go to the printer. The working title for that volume is Shadow Fall. There is more sword-and-sorcery action happening here, but also some politics. As I get closer to sending it to the printer, I will share with you the cover art.

Work is stalled a bit on book seven of the series. This is mainly because I have been having a hard time finding the time to sit down and just write the damn book. This, however, is something that I can resolve with scheduling (and not having any surprise issues I need to take care of, such as a little boy throwing up all over himself as we head out the door to do something). I will be adding a new pile of posts here, as I am going to transfer the book reviews I posted up on LiveJournal over here. It will have a separate page compiling all of those book review post links on it. I am also going to start posting reviews of what I am currently reading right now as I finish the books. This may even include a discussion in the near future about how I keep a reading journal (a paper journal in a miniature binder that goes everywhere with me when I am reading something, so I can note stuff with a reference to chapter, page, and line).

I am still working on customizing my bullet journal. I am currently working on the section where I put down details about how to format things for blog posts. It is taking a little longer than I expected. I, however, am not working on it everyday. I may start doing that for fifteen minutes or something. Either way, I am working on a laundry list of things and blogging fell by the wayside. I will work to correct this.

No comments:

Post a Comment