Tuesday, January 11, 2022

The Iron Lily and Dacia's War on hiatus.

 Dear Reader,

I'm suspending my serial stories until I am in better health. As of the moment, I am dealing with a rather intense bout of depression and some unpleasant complications from my c-ptsd that are making it very hard to write fiction. I've been spending about two to three hours a day for the last week doing therapy journaling. It's been grueling and painful. I am going to suspend my Artist's Way: Morning Pages posts because that is the time I have been spending on legit therapy work.

I hope to come back to these serial stories and move the plot forward. I can't do that yet, however, because my brain is rather scrambled and I'm struggling to function. It's just one of the joys of being disabled. This stuff is why August 2021 was so quiet. I was in crisis mode for several months. When NaNoWriMo popped up, I honestly wasn't sure if I'd be able to participate. Somehow I managed it, though the manuscript is incomplete as of this time.

It is my dearest hope that my spending time intensely focusing on my mental health that I can sort out the chaos in my head and maybe get back into a productive writing/creative mode. I don't know if this is going to be something that takes a month or if it is going to be a bit longer. And I really don't know how to describe it with out sounding like I've gone completely off the rails. Let it be enough to say that I am not well right now and I am struggling with creative work on most levels. It's hard for me to find the energy to knit even a little baby sweater for my niece's child, despite the fact that I started it a while back. It's that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment