Monday, August 19, 2019

Flora & Fauna: Why are root systems so hard to draw?

Dear Reader,

I'm coming to realize that my efforts to draw root systems for plants are not going so well. I don't understand it. I can draw Celtic style knotwork but drawing a tangled rootball is just this side of impossible for me. It is making it difficult to draw plants because the upper parts are not the focus for the current batch of plants I am trying to draw. I'm still dissatisfied with how Bear-Root came out. I am seriously considering doing character sketches for a little while. The problem there is I'm not so great at drawing hands or feet.

I feel poorly about the fact that I haven't blogged daily on here. I recognize that challenges like my children being finished with summer school, birthdays, and a family member having a medical crisis are all legitimate reasons for being stalled in my blogging schedule. I still feel bad about this. I apologize for my quietness. Life keeps throwing me curve balls and I keep striking out when I try to swing at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment