Friday, March 23, 2018

Today is what?

Ever have one of those weeks where your sense of time gets completely skewed? I spent much of today trying to remember what day it is. The migraine Wednesday night didn't help much, considering that it went into Thursday morning. I barely got any writing done in my morning pages. I'm still playing catch up with my journal writing for my health stuff. And yet, I feel optimistic about writing at the moment. I'm not sure if this optimistic outlook is because the seasonal depressive episode is finally going away or if it is because I had an ok day today.

My attempt to condense twenty years worth of notes down to one book is going slowly. This is to be expected. But, as I am looking at things that I wrote way back in 1997, I find myself feeling a sense of nostalgia and an echo of that starry eyed optimism that I was going to be an author. It makes me smile. I still have some of that flush of excitement over the whole writing process. It's just hard to make it work now.

The spirit is willing, the body a bit less so. If the brainmeats decide to cooperate a little more, I can get back to posting more often than once a week or so. In the meantime, however, here's a pic from the ancient and venerable first notebook. (Complete with misspelling and poorly done calligraphy.)


No comments:

Post a Comment