Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Random knowledge: Poetry

Some poetry techniques are not used much anymore. Some of them are actually quite fitting for the fantasy world that I'm writing in. Here's a brief survey of them. I have not composed any exampled because I am still figuring out the techniques.

Bob and Wheel: This is seen in Chaucer's work in his satire piece where in he parodies Sir Thopas

Ballads: This is seen a lot in the secular music that has come down to us from antiquity.

We're all familiar with Iambic Pentameter.

For the Stag's sake, let me just link to the list of different poetry forms.

http://www.poemofquotes.com/articles/poetry_forms.php

I hope to incorporate poetry more into my work. I'm not entirely sure how I will do it, but it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment