Tuesday, November 17, 2015

NaNoWriMo Update!

Hello dear Reader!

It has been a long while since I posted. Part of my silence was due to fevered work on book six. Part of it was due to my being sick all last week. It lead to some awkward writing on the manuscript. I think, however, I managed to make sense despite the loopy state I was in. I am not going to worry about that though because the first draft is all about getting the ideas down. Amusingly, I have met the word count goal for NaNoWriMo but I'm only halfway through my plot.

It has been rough work writing these scenes. I have reached a point where the heroes are forced to sit back and watch as things go horribly wrong. It feels bad to write these things, especially in the light of all the horrific things that have happened in the world over the course of last weekend. A friend of mine noted, however, that this simply means that I was more conscious of the horror of what I was writing. While that makes sense, I still feel a bit guilty doing terrible things to my characters right now.

Moving forward, I anticipate completing the first draft of the manuscript around Thanksgiving, if I can keep working on schedule. Since the pressing task of meeting the NaNoWriMo word count is complete, I can relax a little bit and do some more blogging. As a result, I hope to get more work in before I have to get into the whirlwind of finishing up Yule presents for friends and family. Still, I am making progress at a good rate despite the challenges over the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment