Monday, August 13, 2018

Technical glitches, migraines, and bees, oh my!

Dear Reader,

I know it doesn't fit the pattern of "lions and tigers and bears, oh my!" but that's a big part of what has been interfering with my writing time. I am not sure what eldritch horror I need to sacrifice to which infernal creature to magic my laptop into charging properly. Beloved says it's probably the cord but I'm sure that some form of demonic pact is required. This beast is running Windows after all. Windows is run by demons. Don't believe me, all I have as proof is this *gestures towards the updates, Excel, and Clippy *. Even as a necromancer, I won't go looking for more evidence of this because I'm not as fearsome as the infernal technomancers that work for them.

I have been having problems with migraines over the last several days, I blame the weather. I also blame the weather for the fact that the heat has been leaving me utterly brain fried. It is really hard to write when you can barely string together a sentence. In my defense, my kids are still on summer break and I am getting run ragged by them. But school starts on Sept. 6th. And yes, I am counting down the days.

We're also having issues with a lot of spiders. I clean up spider webs and they're back the next day. Tons of baby orb spiders all over the place is really getting to me. I have a touch of arachnophobia and it's gradually getting worse. I would be less upset by the spiders if they didn't do stuff like randomly drop down on me as I am sitting on the couch. Yes, I screamed like a girl and I threw what I had in hand at it. No, it was not my laptop or my coffee. It was just some clothes I was mending. But still, a freaking spider LANDED ON ME! It was lucky it wasn't a big huge book, like my unabridged dictionary.

Now we're having problems with bees out the back deck. A pest removal company is coming by in two days to look at stuff and solve the problem. I am so fed up with this business. It's getting to be like I'm living in a bad episode of some nature channel program crossed with something like Survivor (which was a terrible program and I hope it has gone off the air). Laughably, I have made zero progress in transcribing notes into a larger notebook because of ALL THE DAMN SPIDERS in that corner of the room.

Lesson: Do not abandon your projects lest there is literal cobwebs on it and you have to do your best karate impersonations to get them off with out the spiders getting on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment